The most efficient trajectory evaporators on the market.
Leachate Evaporation Systems
RWI Enhanced Evaporation engineers 2.0 leachate evaporation systems with new, patent-pending evaporation technology. Our evaporators reduce water waste rapidly onsite at landfill or compost facilities to help manage water levels in leachate ponds and eliminate the cost of having to build more leachate ponds.
What is leachate?
Leachate is a liquid that drains or “leaches” from landfills. It can vary widely in composition depending on the age of the landfill and the type of waste that it contains. Leachate contains both dissolved and suspended material. Leachate contains various contaminants including:
- Toxic organic pollutants
- Heavy metals
- Ammonia nitrogen compounds
Leachate Evaporation Challenges
Wastewater from landfills is regulated by most Federal and State Environmental Agencies because of the possible threat to groundwater and/or water supplies close by.
Most landfills have a zero-discharge policy meaning any water, including rainwater, must be captured and contained in ponds on location. No water is allowed to leave the location once contaminated.
Landfill & Compost Leachate Solutions
RWI Enhanced Evaporation is dedicated to serving specific leachate needs of different Landfill and Compost Facilities. Our expert consultants can help you increase productivity and reduce costs even for customers who face unique challenges.
Advantages of our advanced evaporation systems include:
- Dry aersol pollution remains onsite, out of the atmosphere, and out of the long-range drift altitude
- Evaporation droplets do not dry out in flight
- Controlled evaporation rates allow you to monitor ion pollution content
- Eliminate the risk of environmentally harmful pollution plumes
- Eliminate the cost of having to build additional leachate ponds